A Few Tunes for Your Enjoyment......

We have had some requests to set up a blog so family and friends could know updates related to my recent diagnosis. Hopefully this will be of some value and help. I have so appreciated all the support and prayers from everyone and you have no idea how much it means and has helped me and my family. Thank you so very much!

(Thanks also to Candice, our daughter, for helping me set this blog up and much more, and to my dear husband, Jeff, whom I know Heavenly Father blessed me with - he is my anchor and my soul mate :o)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let the Fun Begin!

I'm glad to say - no more wondering! I met with my Radiology Oncologist (Dr Kuhn) and Oncologist (Dr Law) today. Looks like nice summer hats and a few CUTE wigs are going to be in order. I'm going to be starting chemo on April 28th. The good news is I will only have 4 treatments, 3 weeks apart (so I'll finish up the end of June with that) and then I will start radiation and hormone therapy. If anyone wants to rub my head for good luck, you know where to find me and I'm going to be able to get ready a lot faster than most of you! :o) Thank goodness we are blessed with the knowledge to be able to take care of everything. Thanks for all the support - (I get to brag about that when they ask me how my support is -- IT'S AMAZING!!!!) You are all the best. I really appreciate you and count myself so blessed to have you all as my family and friends. I can do anything with Heavenly Father and you by my side.

7 comments:

  1. we love you and will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you. Cindy you are AMAZING! You are staying so positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's just 4 treatments. that's good, and that's enough to make you loose your hair? that's amazing. We are praying for you too and good luck and way to be positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything I want to say has already been written, so I too would like to add that your attitude is so positive and I know it will help carry you through the next couple of difficult months. We love you Cindy and are here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a great attitude about all of this. Although, I'm not surprised! You have always had such a great attitude with everything. You will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They said that I will loose my hair after the second treatment. It will, as someone said to me, just be going on vacation and it will be back! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Cindy, I am so impressed with your positive attitude! You have always had a great sense of humor, you are going to breeze thru this because of that. Just think, maybe you can have fun with the wigs! My mom wears a really cute one because she can't lift her arms anymore to do her hair. But it looks darling on her. Well I am glad to get the up date. We have been thinking about you and wondered what the next step would be. You will continue to be in our prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete

FAMILY FUN ON THE DISNEY CRUISE AND DISNEYWORLD